USPS May 12 Rate and API Changes
The "backwards compatible" changes USPS has instituted are not actually backward compatible but so far they seem to have caused minimal damage, apart from the disappearance of "First Class" methods. These are not available as their names have been changed--again! Even the plain old "First-Class Mail" was renamed to "First Class Mail". Obviously the hyphen needed to be removed to reduce costs.
As of 3pm Tuesday, USPS Advanced 5 has been modified to address the issues. USPS Advanced 4 will be updated next. Click the "check for update" link within your module to download the latest version.
After these minor changes, we will look at the available information (USPS docs have not been updated since 2007!) to see what other modifications are needed as we would dearly like to add support for the new international dimensional weights.
Last update: 2008-05-13 15:06
You cannot comment on this entry
- Information required for installing UPS Custom Integration (12159 views)
- I'm trying to enter a license key and get ... (9869 views)
- Are license keys valid for more than one store? ... (9606 views)
- Why won't you call me for technical support? I ... (9568 views)
- How do I install a module? (9357 views)
- How can display and change the parameters of an ... (9118 views)
- How do I check for a module upgrade? (8876 views)
- Adding Tokens to Evaluate Expressions (8833 views)
- Is there a way to "Limit" the number of ... (8610 views)
- The total on my checkout pages are not correct. ... (7576 views)
- Software Update Subscription (2011-04-29 07:49)
- Free and Paid Support Policy (2010-10-19 01:04)
- How can I configure Soft Goods to serve downloads ... (2010-03-29 18:40)
- Using the module's tokens inside of the "Product Attribute ... (2010-02-08 20:53)
- Information required for installing UPS Custom Integration (2010-02-03 21:23)