Is it possible to collect a note at checkout that will be associated with the order in admin?
The module has the ability to prompt the customer for a note
and other information at checkout. This data is saved and associated
with the order so that it is viewable with the order in the module's
There is an a section on the "options" tab, near the bottom, called
"Collecting info at checkout". If the "Display prompt for note?" is
checked off, the contents of the "Note prompt template" will be used to
display a prompt for the note on the customer information page (between
the display of basket contents and the fields for the customer
The template can contain various tokens to collect the data:
%note% displays a text area 40 cols wide by 10 rows which collects data saved in the order's "note" field
%note|cc|rr|% like the %note% token but displays the textarea cc columns wide and rr rows.
%field1|default|% displays a checkbox to collect a setting for the "field1" field for the order. The "defualt" can be "on" or "off" and will be used to control whether or not the checkbox is defaulted to checked or unchecked.
%field2|defualt|% same as %field1|default|% but saves the selection in the "field2" field.
%field3% displays a text field 40 characters wide which collects data that is subsequently saved in the "field3" field
%field3|xx|% same as the %field3% token but displays a text field xx characters wide.
%trackingtype|default|% displays a hidden field which will set the initial tracking type for the order to the "default" (more on this above).
The token that displays this content is:
<mvt:item name="brokosm" param="OCST_note" />
so it can be moved on the page to display it elsewhere. This token displays the contents of the "Note prompt template" field and a hidden form field:
<input type="hidden" name="SaveOrderBasket" value="1">
You can use the html equivalent of the tokens that display the form fields if you want as long as you also add this hidden field.
3600/30%Last update: 2008-10-17 10:10
You cannot comment on this entry
Records in this category
- I am integrating the reorder ability in Order Status mod for Merchant5. The only thing I can't get to work is the conditional for disallowing inactive products. I am using:
It is always showing NOT AVAIL even if the product is active.
- How do I display the attribute and option data on the order details page?
- Is there a new FedEx tracking number?
- Default tracking links for shippers
- When customers click on the link to check their status, the login screen shows Merchant's usual header for that page and also the header from the Order Status Manager. How can I hide the Merchant header?
- Is it possible to collect a note at checkout that will be associated with the order in admin?
- Displaying collected data in emails and on the invoice (INVC) screen
- Displaying custom field data
- New FedEx tracking link
- Displaying additional information on the "Edit Status" orders listing