How can I configure Soft Goods to serve downloads from a remote server?
The method is essentially the same as serving downloads from the same server, except the download.php script should be placed on the remote server, and you must use the "Suppress file checking" option.
The download server must have PHP installed (and PHP must have permission to read from your downloads folder). Put the download.php script on that server, and for the $module_path setting put in the URL to the DEN_SOFTGOODS.mv(c) module in your store. Create a downloads folder on the download server, and for the path to Miva data directory in the Global Settings tab of Soft Goods, put the path to the directory one level up from that downloads directory (it isn't necessary to have Miva Empresa installed on the download server, so Miva data can just mean one level up from wherever your downloads are). Then for the URL to PHP script put the URL to the download.php on the download server.
Say the downloads are in /home/yourname/downloads on the download server. In the Soft Goods Global Settings tab, the relevant settings would be
- Suppress file checking: checked
- Path to Miva data directory: /home/yourname/
- Path to downloads: downloads/
- URL to PHP script: http://www.downloadserver.com/download.php?
Note: on some remove servers, such as GoDaddy sites, the default php.ini in the root has the
allow_url_fopen = off
Which, of course, blocks download.php from calling back to the .mvc file on the Merchant store server. In those chases changing "off" to "on" wll fix the problem.
3656/31%Last update: 2010-03-29 18:40
You cannot comment on this entry
Records in this category
- How can I configure Soft Goods to serve downloads from a remote server?
- Installation Troubleshooting Tips
- Download links not displaying on invoice, but download emails are working
- After upgrading to a new version of Miva Merchant, the download links stopped working.
- Is it possible to display a download "splash" screen, i.e. an HTML page that displays before the download begins?
- How can I offer free shipping for downloadable products?
- I switched payment modules and the download links are no longer working.
- When I order a downloadable product, no download link is being issued.
- Some MAC Users Cannot Download File to Desktop
- No download link for Upsell items.
- Download links are not being sent
- Displaying the same message for all downloads
- How do I configure Soft Goods on ValueWeb?s AHP Platform?
- What do I need to change in the download.php file if I am using php5?
- What is the format for the htaccess file if the download directory is to be located in public html?