Application timed out
This entry is relevant to many situations, not just the module it is listed for
The error message may be longer but if it includes "Application timed out" the issue is the same. Miva did not complete the task it was performing within the alloted time. This is a message coming directly from the Miva engine. It is not something that can be changed by a module. You will need to contact your host in order to increase the timeout setting. If you have a dedicated server, you may also be able to fix this yourself. Miva's documentation for the VM (virtual machine)/Empresa explain the setting:
When Miva Empresa has completed processing the information in the global configuration file and begins to execute an active document, it sets a global timer for the number of seconds specified by this variable. After the set number of seconds has elapsed, Miva Empresa enters exit mode, closes all files, logs the exit, and terminates. This helps in preventing processes from running too long. Miva Empresa's default value is 90 seconds and can be overridden by setting this variable. Set this variable to 0 if you would like no global time-out to be set.
* value format: seconds, defaults to 90 seconds
If you are using uncompiled Miva, you will likely have a binary named "miva" and an accompanying configuration file named "miva.conf"; if compiled, it will likely be "mivavm" and "mivavm.conf". You can edit the .conf file in any text editor or via the command line on your server. Add an entry such as:
Note that using '0' (zero) will give you an infinite timeout. This is often helpful for if yuo have not packed for a long time however it's not really a good idea to leave the setting at zero. Change it back once you have packed. You may also run into other issues, such as Apache timeouts.
4888/37%Last update: 2007-02-19 12:05
You cannot comment on this entry
Records in this category
- Adding A Search Field to Order Status Page When Using Template Formatting
- Displaying Order ID As Link to Details Page
- Providing Customer With Ability to Reorder Contents of an Order
- Adding Code to Insert Text Into a Notes Field Upon Order Creation
- Token For Order Status Manager That Displays Order Total, Shipping, and Tax
- Solution: Tracking Link For USPS Site Not Working
- Static Link to Status Page in Static Nav Bar
- Shipping Company Links For Tracking Packages
- How can my customers track their UPS orders with Order Status Manager WITHOUT me having to re-key in those long UPS tracking numbers?
- I am using the token (and some html) %shippingdescription2% in the "Order Details page main template" to displayany additional shipping that might be in the order. However, if there is none, the module still displays the table tags in my html. Can I keep this from happening?
- I'm a module developer and I want to be able to update the order status by calling a function in your module. Is there a function for that?
- I'd like to display a "logout" link to customers on the order status pages. Is there any way to do this?
- I'd like to display the Merchant admin user and time of the last status change. Possible?
- I'd like to display the Order Status data in the notification email and/or on the invoice page. Is this possible?
- We're using the %prodstatus% token to display the product's status in the emails but for products which do not hav their own status, the token is NOT dislaying the status of the order. Is there any way to do that
- In our store it often happens that orders are only partially shipped. A single item might have 20 shipped and 20 backordered. Is it possible to assign a single item several statuses?
- My customers are receiving their status emails but the link is not "active", i.e. when they click on it it will not take them to status page.
- When a customer adds a product from their order status page to their basket, the price used is the one that they paid when they originally placed the order. Is it possible to use the current price instead?
- I know it's possible to set a default status but is it possible to set the default tracking type for new orders?
- s it possible to collect a note at checkout that will be associated with the order in admin?
- When viewing the orders in admin is it possible to view orders only in a certain range of order ids?
- What does the search feature on the "Edit Status" page in admin search?
- How do I display the redemptions from our coupon module in the order details and in the invoice?
- The configuration of my Merchant store is atypical. Due to the way I have the domain settings configured (most notably the "Non-secure URL to Merchant") the pop-ups in the module's admin aren't working. What can I do to fix this?
- What tokens are available?
- What tokens can I use to display the shipping methods?
- I have the OUI installed and I'm attempting to display the Order Status link in the navigation bar but it isn't working. Why?
- Is it possible to add a search field to the Order Status page when using template formatting?
- No Status Emails are sent or received
- Application timed out
- How do I use Dydacomp's Miva Management connector for Mail Order Manager to get status information into Order Status Manager?
- Is there a new FedEx tracking number?
- Default tracking links for various shippers
- Can I limit the search to a particular field in the module's orders database?
- When adding a product to the basket from an order, how can I redirect the customer back to the listing of orders or to the order details instead of to the basket?
- New FedEx tracking link
- Displaying additional information on the "Edit Status" orders listing