s it possible to collect a note at checkout that will be associated with the order in admin?
(2004/02/18)Yes, I have just updated the module to provide for the ability to prompt the customer for a note and other information at checkout. This data is saved and associated with the order so that it is viewable with the order in the module's admin.
There is an a section on the "options" tab, near the bottom, called "Collecting info at checkout". If the "Display prompt for note?" is checked off, the contents of the "Note prompt template" will be used to display a prompt for the note on the customer information page (between the display of basket contents and the fields for the customer information).
The template can contain various tokens to collect the data:
%note% displays a text area 40 cols wide by 10 rows which collects data saved in the order's "note" field
%note|cc|rr|% like the %note% token but displays the textarea cc columns wide and rr rows.
%field1|default|% displays a checkbox to collect a setting for the "field1" field for the order. The "defualt" can be "on" or "off" and will be used to control whether or not the checkbox is defaulted to checked or unchecked.
%field2|defualt|% same as %field1|default|% but saves the selection in the "field2" field.
%field3% displays a text field 40 characters wide which collects data that is subsequently saved in the "field3" field
%field3|xx|% same as the %field3% token but displays a text field xx characters wide.
%trackingtype|default|% displays a hidden field which will set the initial tracking type for the order to the "default" (more on this above).
The module also now supports display of this prompt/field using a third party token. For example, you can register the module as a "third party token" in the Other Page Templates module and display the field anywhere during checkout (other than the Invoice screen; at that point it's too late) as long as it is between the %beginform...%endform% tokens on the page to which you add it. The token for use to display this prompt/field is (assuming that you registered the module with the token "BROK_ORDERSTATUS"):
1843/15%Last update: 2004-12-09 13:32
You cannot comment on this entry
Records in this category
- Adding A Search Field to Order Status Page When Using Template Formatting
- Displaying Order ID As Link to Details Page
- Providing Customer With Ability to Reorder Contents of an Order
- Adding Code to Insert Text Into a Notes Field Upon Order Creation
- Token For Order Status Manager That Displays Order Total, Shipping, and Tax
- Solution: Tracking Link For USPS Site Not Working
- Static Link to Status Page in Static Nav Bar
- Shipping Company Links For Tracking Packages
- How can my customers track their UPS orders with Order Status Manager WITHOUT me having to re-key in those long UPS tracking numbers?
- I am using the token (and some html) %shippingdescription2% in the "Order Details page main template" to displayany additional shipping that might be in the order. However, if there is none, the module still displays the table tags in my html. Can I keep this from happening?
- I'm a module developer and I want to be able to update the order status by calling a function in your module. Is there a function for that?
- I'd like to display a "logout" link to customers on the order status pages. Is there any way to do this?
- I'd like to display the Merchant admin user and time of the last status change. Possible?
- I'd like to display the Order Status data in the notification email and/or on the invoice page. Is this possible?
- We're using the %prodstatus% token to display the product's status in the emails but for products which do not hav their own status, the token is NOT dislaying the status of the order. Is there any way to do that
- In our store it often happens that orders are only partially shipped. A single item might have 20 shipped and 20 backordered. Is it possible to assign a single item several statuses?
- My customers are receiving their status emails but the link is not "active", i.e. when they click on it it will not take them to status page.
- When a customer adds a product from their order status page to their basket, the price used is the one that they paid when they originally placed the order. Is it possible to use the current price instead?
- I know it's possible to set a default status but is it possible to set the default tracking type for new orders?
- s it possible to collect a note at checkout that will be associated with the order in admin?
- When viewing the orders in admin is it possible to view orders only in a certain range of order ids?
- What does the search feature on the "Edit Status" page in admin search?
- How do I display the redemptions from our coupon module in the order details and in the invoice?
- The configuration of my Merchant store is atypical. Due to the way I have the domain settings configured (most notably the "Non-secure URL to Merchant") the pop-ups in the module's admin aren't working. What can I do to fix this?
- What tokens are available?
- What tokens can I use to display the shipping methods?
- I have the OUI installed and I'm attempting to display the Order Status link in the navigation bar but it isn't working. Why?
- Is it possible to add a search field to the Order Status page when using template formatting?
- No Status Emails are sent or received
- Application timed out
- How do I use Dydacomp's Miva Management connector for Mail Order Manager to get status information into Order Status Manager?
- Is there a new FedEx tracking number?
- Default tracking links for various shippers
- Can I limit the search to a particular field in the module's orders database?
- When adding a product to the basket from an order, how can I redirect the customer back to the listing of orders or to the order details instead of to the basket?
- New FedEx tracking link
- Displaying additional information on the "Edit Status" orders listing